Why this TQM programme?
Total Quality Management (TQM) describes a management approach to long–term success through customer satisfaction. In a TQM effort, all members of an organization participate in improving processes, products, services, and the culture in which they work.
Total Quality Management TQM, also known as total productive maintenance. In a TQM effort, all members of an organization participate in improving processes, products, services, and the culture in which they work. Total quality management programs facilitate quality management, quality control, compliance management, risk assessment, document control and any other component of total quality that contributes to the control, quality and validity of a product and/or service. A total quality management program under a single platform can dramatically streamline a company's process and increase profitability.
Who should attend the programme
Why to attend the programme
Inventory management and control
Process management and improvement
Effective Manpower utilization and Employee satisfaction
Banking , etc
What you can learn from this program
1. Introductory TQM Concepts.
2. An overview of TQM principles/concepts/tools.
3. Why Would a Company adopt TQM?
4. Finding and Eliminating Lost Time.
5. Strategic and systematic approach
6. Daily process management and standardization.
7. Progress evaluation in the plan.
8. The momentum of the TQM effort is managed by the steering committee
9. The PDCA cycle to drive issues to resolution.
10. Monitoring and evaluation of Quality Performance.
• Case studies
• Role plays
The Training programme will be conducted at the Factory premises itself.